Monday, November 26, 2007

How Much Do You Really Want to Know?

Someone recently asked me the following question:

If you could know when and how you were going to die, would you want to know?

It's a great question, really. And I'm not sure I could answer it.

Part of me thinks it would be awesome to know. To sit around and think about how I'd spend the rest of my days. To plan for the final push. To prepare for the inevitable.

But then another part of me thinks that that would take the fun out of life. Because as much as I hate all the uncertainty and the unknown, it does manage to keep things interesting.

Bottom line; I hate not knowing. I hate uncertainty. But, at the same time, there are some things I'm not sure I want to know.
Thankfully, I don't have to make a decision on this one. Yet, at least.

No comments: